Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New song: ball of knowing

always thinking of the right words to say
when I'd rather say nothin' at all
takes a lot of energy to expel these thoughts
into a ball of knowing
and understanding
and contradiction,
it's my, my great affliction.

that's what it is!
that's what it is!
that's what it is!
that's what it is!

everybody wants to talk to me.
their words go right through me
leave a message and i'll call you back
some other time

I don't have any money for you
I feel bad but i gotta eat too
hey mister didn't your daddy tell ya
nothin's for free?
Mine did!

And it takes energy
to swim out to the sea
out past the wall of shit
where you can't hear any more of it.

Now i feel bad (no i don't)
for speakin my truth
now I feel bad (no you don't)

why do i do
what i do
what i do- oo
why do i do
what i do
what i do-oo.

No comments: