Thursday, February 5, 2009

Money is the new G-D.

I always prided myself on not taking money seriously. Seriously, I've lived on less money in a decade then many live on in a year. I scrimped by like a little mouse eating shards and scraps of cheese that came my way. Living in abandoned hovels digging ditches with a rusty shovel. But now I'd snort money. I'd smoke it, eat, stick it up my arm. Give it to the creditor before they do me harm. If it'll keep the phone from ringing. If it'll keep me off my guard. give me money dirty, money, god. I thought there was more to life then this.
I always wanted to eat healthy and wondered what the rich guy was doing with a big mac. I guess life is unlucky and unfair if you look at things like that. And I want to believe the "secret" but apparently it is this: get a fistful of the green and it'll buy you happiness. It may not buy you love, but it will satisfy your lust. And guarantee your bed to be full from dawn to dusk. I wanted to believe that there was more to life then this, but I finally figured out poverty doesn't buy you happiness.

No comments: