Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The new business music paradigm.

This is dedicated particularly to the struggling musicians out there. The ones that dream of playing and recording their music for a living. It doesn't have to be millions of dollars. In fact, it can be equal to a blue collar wage. But it comes from doing what we love to do best. It's about beating the laziness out of our bones. Ending the pity party, the resentment of others who have more then we do. who's folks sponsor their careers while we work our fingers to the bone. It's about rising up and determining to take our creative future into our own hands. Because we can do it.
The music business, as it stands now has changed so much. It is a sea of limitless possibilities. Yet most stand around waiting for somebody to 'get' us. We don't even realize that we're a sitting duck on top of a golden egg. The more I learn about the new business of music, the less I feel I know. If this is an intellectual gold rush, I feel like I have a speck of dust in my hands. All I need to do is devote more time to realizing the creative possibilities that exist. Don't wait for somebody to discover you! Discover yourself! Record those songs and get them Itunes! Don't wait around for your perfect band to come along! Record them now and collect it, and pay you and yourself alone some royalties! The band will come in time. Just keep going. I have decided to become my own guinea pig. I am the Artist and the business man. And believe it or not they do go together! The misconception I've had for so long was that they didn't!
The song's identity. Something to realize: you have your song. You do not need to name it the obvious name. You can have several different versions of a similar song, and call them different things, market them to different parts of the world.

No comments: