Thursday, April 29, 2010

Last Friday, Johnny ‘Flyn' Lion’ Abbie Mitchell invited us down to showcase a couple of songs. We had our brand new drummer Elisa Suarez on board, as well as Christopher Alice on lead guitar. First I did my brand new song ‘down so long’ by my lonesome. Jaime graciously handed my his guitar and said to the crowd, ‘let Jeremy Ferrick warm your hearts and make love to your brains with his new song.’ Or something very Jaime-esque like that.
Then we launched into ‘Ring of fire’ and a few of our originals. Johnny joined us onstage during ‘Bullfighters. He shared vocals with both me and Jaime. Afterwards he declared, ‘I’ve been wanting to do that for a year.” It was a good vibe at Danny’s. Edizen from Venice Papparrazzi was snapping shots. The pics are now online.
Till next time, Danny’s.

No comments: