Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Why I am boycotting the Santa Monica Blue Bus.

I can promise you, I am usually somebody who goes out of my way to avoid trouble. Many times I don't complain when I could. But today I nearly lost it on the bus.
The arrogance of the drivers of the Santa Monica Blue Bus is out of control. Is it impossible for them to get fired? If you behaved the way this driver behaved to me anywhere else she would be out of a job. I asked her how much it would be for a transfer. She said, "50 cents." So I put in 6 quarters. That's one dollar for the regular fare, then 50 cents for the transfer. She must not have noticed that I put in a dollar 50 into the slot. She said, "you need to put in 50 cents." Was she joking? "But I just put in a dollar 50." She repeated herself robotically. "You need to put in 50 cents." She refused to give me a transfer. Honestly, I don't know if she doesn't like dudes, doesn't like dudes in leather jackets, doesn't like white dudes, or what her problem was. But she would not let up. I called and complained. I also emailed them that if I don't get a formal apology I will take legal action. Guess what? My grandparents didn't survive the holocaust so that I could smile at people that want to discriminate against me.

No comments: