Monday, April 9, 2012

Pesach Weekend.

I had a nice weekend! Friday night was a big Passover dinner at my aunt and uncle's house. My mom and dad flew in from Santa Rosa, cousin Elana Bell and her husband Jai came in from NYC. Also attending were my friends Suzie, Marshaune, and Nadine France Ellman. Also, Elana's awesome friend Pamela Samuelson, an extremely intelligent and talented aerialist and all around renaissance woman. Elana read some of her poems from her new book Eyes, Stones- http://www.poets.org/sponsor-book-profile.php/prmSponsorID/198/prmBookID/1229
Nadine played two songs from her new album, "Sailor on the highway", and "Funny love". I accompanied her on guitar and then played 3 of my songs.
The next night was a smaller dinner at my aunt and uncle's with mainly just the family. The next day, Sunday, I went with my parents and aunt and uncle to a french restaurant in playa del rey, then to the melrose/ fairfax flea market to see my cousin mike's Crystal/ rock sales set up. I bought a few pieces for my collection. Then we went to a jam at Eli Lester's house. After that, we all went to Destini cafe in Playa del Rey then I went with my cousins to Pamela's place in Echo park- I wished i was more hungry because the food was so delicious- i did eat a little bit, but had to give my stomach a rest. We played music, it was a great night.
Today, i woke up and made my way back home via a few buses. The #3 was extremely crowded- i got off and got the number 1- where a guy was telling me that you could get work at the truckstops in downtown l.a. at santa fe and alameda. A guy laughed when I responded "that's a good idea" after he was talking about how people get work hanging out by home depot.

No comments: